Part-time and full-time positions (remote or local) available for Data Abstractors (DA) with knowledge of electronic medical record systems. The Data Abstractor will be responsible for navigating the electronic medical record systems and other medical databases, reviewing medical records and abstracting medical record data related to specified disease and project requirements.
- Certified Tumor Registrar, LPN, RN, or equivalent training and clinical experience.
- Oncology experience desirable; familiarity with how cancer is treated from diagnosis through treatment and recovery and an understanding of cancer terminology.
- Experience with medical records, data abstraction, chart audit or coding is desirable.
- Excellent critical thinking, organizational, and time management skills.
- Experience with data entry.
- Strong Electronic Medical Record (EMR) and computer literacy including Microsoft Office.
- Computer skills are required, as 90% of work activity involves working with a computer.
- High-level comfort with technology and willingness to learn new software programs.
- Flexibility in coping with changing work assignments, changing project requirements, varying training meeting schedules and databases.
- Ability to make independent judgement in abstracting medical data and the knowledge when to seek input.
- Ability to cope with incomplete medical record data and problem solve to find required information.
- Must be self-motivated and detail oriented.
- Good interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills
Send resume via mail, email or fax with salary requirements to Vector Oncology, 6555 Quince Suite 400, Memphis, TN 38119; email@example.com; or 901.259.0883. E/O/E
NOTICE: In the United States, Vector Oncology participates in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) operated by the Department of Homeland Security in partnership with the Social Security Administration. Participation in the E-Verify Program allows Vector Oncology to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees after the Employment Eligibility Verification Form (Form I-9) has been completed. Please click here for our information of E-Verify participation as well as here to review the Office of Special Counsel for Immigration-Related Unfair Employment Practices’ anti-discrimination notice.